I feel incredibly flattered and completely undeserving to have received not just one Liebster nomination, but in fact two on the very same day. I very much would like to thank the two great bloggers My Tiny Obsessions and Lucy May for the nominations! You should most certainly check out their blogs, but now let’s get down to business and prepare for a long post!
It is not just a great honor to receive a Liebster nomination, it also comes with some sort of responsibility. The Liebster Award is especially for bloggers with less than 200 followers, you should look out for in the future and here are the rules:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of your nomination
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer
Here are the questions My Tiny Obsession has asked and my answers. I hope you like what you’re reading!
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Why?
I don’t really have an exciting answer for this, because I guess it is rather boring to say Cardiff, but that is where I’d like to live right now. Maybe that will change in a few years or so, but I like places where it’s not too hot and my favourite TV shows were or currently are produced there.
- Favourite Superhero? Why?
I like both, traditional and not-so-traditional superheroes, so this is extremley difficult to answer since there are so many to chose from. I’m going to go with Hawkeye, because I like Jeremy Renner and I very often like the underdog.
- Favorite drama, comedy and Sci-Fi TV show?
Drama = BBC’s Sherlock
Comedy = currently Super Fun Night
Sci-Fi = Doctor Who, of course!
- What’s your TV guilty pleasure and why?
I sometimes like to watch nonsensical reality shows, that absolutely don’t need any brain power, because I feel like I can really relax while watching them. Sorry, but I can’t think of any particular title right now.
- Which one is your Doctor? And Companion?
I think I have to say Matt’s Doctor, because I started watching the show during his era, but he is only a tiny bit ahead of David Tennant. And for the companions … I love almost all of them equally but in a different way. Every time a new one comes along, I think I won’t like them, but I am always sad when they leave. But I really do adore Donna!
- Which of the Deathly Hallows (Elder Wand, Resurrection Stone and Cloak of Invisibility) would you rather possess? Why?
Definitely the Cloak of Invisibility! I always wanted to have one of those and I’d love to catch some parts of conversations that weren’t meant for everyone to hear.
- Robert Downey Jr, Benedict Cumberbatch or Jonny Lee Miller, which one is the best Sherlock Holmes? And who is the best Watson, Jude Law, Martin Freeman or Lucy Liu?
Without a doubt: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman! I do like Robert Downey Jr., but I prefer Benedict way more. And to be honest, I’ve never even tried watching Elementary.
- Favorite comfort food?
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- What the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Turn off the alarm and hope that I don’t fall asleep again. After that I watch some funny youtube videos to start the day with something good.
- What made you start blogging?
I’m a bit ashamed to say it, but probably pure boredom and my desperate need for distraction from studying.
- What’s your favorite post that you have written? (Share the Link please)
I am never entirely happy with my own posts, that’s the problem with being a perfectionist, but I think I managed to make the Walter Mitty sound interesting without acutally giving away too much of the storyline. So, here’s the link: https://theimpossiblegirlblog.wordpress.com/2014/01/13/the-secret-life-of-walter-mitty/
And here are Lucy May‘s questions. I hope that I answered them to your satisfaction!
- You can be any character from a book, who would be? Why?
Meggie from Inkheart! She can read things out of books or read herself into the story. I think that would be an amazing power to have.
- If you could re-direct any film ever made, which one would it be and why?
Haywire, that movie had some stunning visuals and a great cast, yet it bored me to death and that even though it’s an Action movie. I would put in a little more dialogue and I would make it a lot more dynamic if I could.
- The best Christmas present you’ve ever received?
I got an Adipose stress toy for Christmas this year and I just love it! Touching it feels really weird and I can’t really get myself to squish it, but it’s so cool anyway!
- You have the opportunity to spend the day with an actor/actress of your choice, who would it be and why?
I know a loooot of people expect me to say Benedict Cumberbatch or Matt Smith (and I would never ever say no to either of them), but I actually want to meet Stanley Tucci. I always had a weird fascination with him and like him in every role he has ever played. He’s not really the main actor in most of the movies I see him in, but he is always the one I remember most.
- Whats your favourite book? Why?
I want to clarify that I don’t have one favourite book. My bookshelf covers almost the entire wall and I would never pick one over the others, but I will name some of the ones that I liked a little more: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern because it is beautifully magical, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald because it is a great modern classic, It’s not me, it’s you by Jon Richardson because I love his cynical view on life, Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen because I think the story of the old man is so very sad, A Good Year by Peter Mayle because it makes me feel as if I am in Southern France. I could go on forever, but I think it is time to stop.
- Who is your inspirational person? Why?
Verity Lambert. She was one of the first female producers in television and also the first producer of Doctor Who and since I want to be a producer one day, I doubt that I need to say more.
- Your favourite food?
Macaroni and cheese
- Why did you start blogging?
I answered this question above as well, but I am going to say it again. Probably boredom and the lack of distraction during finals.
- If you had one wish for the future what would it be?
Short and simple: to be happy (and I wouldn’t say no to a job at the BBC)
- You are given the chance to: star in your own movie, be Prime Minister, or fly into space. Which would you pick and why?
Flying into space would be amazing, but I’m not sure I am cut out for a journey like that. I would definitely suck at being Prime Minister and looking at my affiliation for film I will go with starring in my own movie!
- If your toes spoke to each other what do you think they would say and why?They’d probably say that I should wear warmer socks and then they’d all start talking at the same time and you wouldn’t understand a word of what they’re saying.
And here are my nominations:
The questions for my nominees:
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
- What would be your superhero-name?
- If you could go anywhere in time and space, where would you go? And why?
- A genie grants you a wish. What would you wish for?
- Who’s your favourite TV or movie character? Why?
- What’s your favourite book genre?
- If you could go and see your own future, what would you hope to find there?
- What’s your current favourite song?
- Would you rather fall into the rabbit’s hole, discover Narnia or go to Hogwarts?
- If you could meet any person of your choosing (dead or alive) who would you want to meet? Why?
- What’s your favourite time of the year?
Last but not least: Thank you again for nominating me My Tiny Obsessions and Lucy May! I am glad you like my blog enough to give it this award and I hope that its readership will grow even more in the future 😀