So, my latest obsession is Rookie Blue. I’ve just binge-watched everything up to yesterday’s episode “Wanting” from season 5 during the course of just one week. Does that sound crazy? I’m pretty sure it is, but I love that show so much!
Now, how do you even start to surmise that many episodes … generally, the show’s about five rookie cops (but I guess you really can’t call them rookies anymore) from the fictional 15 Division. You follow them as they have to deal with the expectations of friends and family, the dangers of the job and, how else could it be, love. I’ve heard people describe it as the Grey’s Anatomy in the world of cops, and I am afraid I really can’t disagree with that. The amount of drama and extraordinary cases that can be found in this show definitely isn’t realistic, but who cares. It’s television after all!
There are so many things about this show that I like, I feel incapable of listing them all. The show is amazingly suspenseful and I am dying to watch the next episode as soon as the last one finishes. As a person who romantises pretty much everything, I also don’t mind the constant love-triangles and the drama. That’s really my thing! The actors and actresses are all amazing. There really isn’t one person (from the original cast up to the end of season 4) that I don’t like! Some of the names you can find on the cast list are: Missy Peregrym, Gregory Smith, Charlotte Sullivan, Peter Mooney, Travis Milne, Priscilla Faia, Rachael Ancheril, Ben Bass, Eric Johnson, Noam Jenkins, Adam MacDonald, Enuca Okuma, Matt Gordon, …
But let’s get on to the juicy stuff! Seen as they are like in their 5th season (which amazingly got extended to 22 episodes, instead of just 13 – yay!) I just want to warn you that there will be spoilers ahead! So, I’m afraid that I will give a looooot away if you haven’t the watched the show yet. I, personally, like surprises (at least most of the time), so proceed with caution.
Here are some things I am really anticipating to see more about and to explore or that really shocked me about season 5:
- I can’t wait to see the whole Nick-Andy-Sam drama unfold. I was totally on board with McSwarek until Sam totally screwed it up. And Nick was so sweet and Andy and him looked so happy, so, I was on board with McCollins as well. I read that even the writers room is divided as to how this will end. So, we’ve definitely not seen the end of this. I think I just ship everyone with Andy, because I definitely can’t decide either.
- Rumour has it, that Marlo will return in season 5. That just corresponds with the previous point! More drama on the Sam and Andy front.
- Matt Murray, the new rookie and stepson of Inspector Jarvis, Duncan, is really getting on my nerves. How can he sue the division and Andy, if he’s the one who’s such a coward. He seems so incompetent! I don’t like him!
- What the heck was Chris thinking? Is he on drugs? I get that the whole Chrisitan-is-not-his-son-thing was really hard on him, but drugs? No!
- Traci and Steve Peck are so cute together. I didn’t really see them as a couple, because he’s a Peck, but they are actually really sweet.
- The whole Gail and Holly thing was over before it really began. I doubt that this really was the end of their relationship. Although, I am definitely on Gail’s side. I thought it was way more between them, than just having fun.
- Oliver is the boss! He’s so great, but he so hates this position. It’s genius!
- Chloe-Wes-Dov … I don’t think Wes stands a chance!
So, what do you think of the show? And what are some of the things you are looking forward to in season 5? No matter what, I love it! There’s no doubt about it!