As I’ve previously mentioned in a post last August (click here to see the article) I am a huge fan of MTV’s Teen Wolf. After the amazing and surprisingly extended third season I couldn’t wait to finally watch season 4. Now that it’s on air there are just so many things that fascinate me and that I have questions about! So, let’s talk about Teen Wolf for a bit! (If it wasn’t obvious enough: this contains spoilers for season 4!)
The season has started quite differently from the previous ones and we got some action right from the start. While I was a little worried that it might get too overloaded, everything up to episode 5 of season 4 seemed really interesting and thrilling to me. There is a ton of stuff I want to talk about:
- I don’t get the hate towards Malia. Everyone knows that Stydia is probably endgame and Malia and Stiles seem very sweet together. They probably won’t last forever and Malia by herself is a really hilarious character in my opinion. She hasn’t lived amongst humans for years – I love all those “fish out of water”-moments we get with her. Also, I cannot wait to see her reaction when she finds out that Peter Hale is her real father? What do you think about Malia? Tell me in the poll below!
- I really miss Allison and Isaac (who’s a total traitor and now plays a vampire on the Originals)! And because of that, I am just so glad that Chris Argent is back, because otherwise I would have to miss him too. I so desperately hope that the Mexican hunter clan didn’t turn him against Scott and the other supernaturals in last weeks epsiode “I.E.D.”. I get that he needs to do something about his sister Kate, but other than that I hope that he is still on team Scott.
- Derek is losing his powers!? What? How? … I knew why I never liked Kate …
- I think Kira is a great addition to the cast, but I just haven’t warmed up to her that much yet. There’s a very high chance that I am alone with this opinion, because everyone thinks she’s so badass and cool and great … but I wanted to mention it anyway. Scott’s and her relationship is slowly developing, but I just don’t see the same chemistry as the one between Scott and Allison.
- Scott is so getting into trouble for turning Liam. Not just because Liam can hardly control himself, but also because of the threat of the Mexican hunter lady.
- I’m loving the fact that we get all different kinds of supernaturals. Just think of that Windigo! I can’t wait for what else they are going to bring to the show as long as there won’t be any vampires!
- What’s with all those teenage assassins? Are there really that many people trained to be a hunter? In Beacon Hills it seems to be part of the general education.
- Who do you think the Benefactor is? That hit list is definitely scary and the sums that the Benefactor is willing to pay – oh my, would I like to have that much money! I’ve heard talk of it being Gerard Argent, but I am not a 100% convinced of that…
- They’ve definitely mentioned Sheriff Stilinski having trouble paying his bills. I want that storyline to continue, so they better not drop that without an explanation on how he solved it!
- This is my last point and the thing or rather the person that intrigues me the most this season: Deputy Jordan (yay! we finally got a first name!) Parrish aka Deputy McCutie. Who is that guy? He clearly is some sort of supernatural because he mentioned in season 3 that he felt drawn to Beacon Hills. Also, according to the hit list, he’s worth like 5 million Dollars. He doesn’t totally freak out when something out of the ordinary happens, in fact, he stays pretty calm and collected through almost everything! He even suggested that Lydia might be a psychic.
Talking of him and Lydia – even hardcore Stydia – shippers were kind of drawn to the dark side when they saw Parrish and her together. There is some sort of chemistry between them, although I am not on board with it … okay, maybe I am shipping it a little … I mean Lydia said she’s done with teenage boys. But I am not fully committing to Marrish just yet.
However, the theories revolving around our dearest Deputy Parrish are endless! Some think that he’s a Banshee others suggest that he’s Isaac’s brother Camden (who’s apparently the same age)… What do you think?
Soooo, I think I’ve touched about all points that were swirling around in my head. I am looking forward to hearing what you have to say! I’ve just watched the mid-season trailer and we are definitely in for a ride here.