I loved Guardians of the Galaxy! I am going to say more than that, but I needed to get that out of the way. But before we dive into my not very refined review, here are some facts about the movie:
Genre: Marvel superhero movie
Length: 122 minutes
Cast: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Karen Gillan, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Djimon Hounsou, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, Benicio del Toro, …
Plot: After the existence of a very rare and dangerous infinity stone is confirmed an unlikely group of outlaws and misfits has to protect the galaxy from being destroyed.
Now, on to the important stuff – my review. This may contain spoilers, so if you want to go into the movie completely untained by my opinion – do not read on! As you may have noticed, I really like lists, so, here we go with another one comprised of my thoughts:
- First off, what’s not to love about this movie? It is hilarious, action-packed and even touching at times. I mean the start of the movie was already heart-breaking and then I almost teared up again when Groot sacrificed himself (although I knew he would regrow again). And the jokes – they just kept on coming! I laughed so much during this film. I will admit to having a certain affinity for Marvel productions, but I have not yet met anyone who disliked this movie.
- The soundtrack was absolutley amazing! Pairing this great music from the 60’s and 70’s with the sci-fi background of the story resulted in a truly awesome mix! If you don’t know the music, here’s a tracklist.
- I love the cast! And not just the main cast. I was so happy to see Karen Gillan in a major movie, it was almost worth shaving off her entire hair (but then again, at least Marvel was nice enough to make her a wig out of her own hair – which is weird, but also kind of awesome).
- I can’t wait for the sequel! I am not that familiar with the storyline, because I haven’t read the comics, but I really want to know who Peter’s dad is! An ancient, angel-like being sounds interesting to me.
- Baby Groot! Dancing Baby Groot was so cute and definitely the star after the movie. In anticipation of going to the cinema und also because I am crazy; I crocheted for almost two days straight and attempted to make my very own Baby Groot. Since I was too lazy to go shopping for proper garn though, I just worked with what I could find at home. What do you think of the result?
So, that was it for today. Did you love the movie as much as I did? If not, I am definitely willing to discuss.