Sorry for the little delay, but how great is it that Captain James was trending last night on Twitter? Well, here we go with my review of Episode 3 of Our Girl. Beware of Spoilers!
This week, Molly got to go home and take a little time to rest and recuperate. Yet, she didn’t really feel at home, missing her platoon and especially her Captain. However, she didn’t spend her holidays alone, but rather with her mate Smurf, because he is one of the few people who understands how she feels. Again, a brilliant episode! I love this show so much and which it would go on forever, instead of ending so soon. Here are my specific thoughts about this week:
- I loved how we got to see both, Molly all integrated in her platoon, seeing them as her family and Molly at home, struggling to fit in with the people she loves. She is such a great character and I am happy that we got to see her “old” life back in England. (Although everyone who watched the prequel movie should already know those people!)
- Although Captain James acted a little out of character this episode, I adore the man! I can’t get enough of him and Dawes and the fact that he was jealous of her and Smurf just proves how much he cares for her.
- Smurf is one of those people I am always torn about. On the one hand, I don’t share his basic view of the world, but on the other hand, I often feel really sorry for him. Also, I think that his feelings are very confused and that he only thinks he is in love with Molly. I can’t picture her and Smurf as a couple, but I also believe that she doesn’t always discourage him in his feelings the way she should. Yes, she’s often told him that he’s only a mate and he should have gotten it by now, but sometimes she really makes it hard for him to understand.
- At one point, I felt a little like in a Nespresso commerical. No judgment there, I am just saying …
- Things in general seem to get more intense now! With the Taliban wanting Molly dead and Barisha in danger as well, the next episode will definitely have a lot going on.
I know this was a rather short review, but I can’t just go on about how perfect Molly and James are without ever even having kissed. I need to stop at some point, but let me tell you that I am 100% hooked on this show and I need to know how it continues! Love to hear your thoughts in the comment section!