All the shows are going on a break and Arrow is no exception. This is a little recap/review for the Mid-Season Finale of Season 3. Beware of Spoilers!
There’s only one thing to say about the mid-season finale: WTF!? I have no idea how they are going to salvage this, because I am aware that in superhero genres logic is often dispensed in favour of entertainment, but that would just be beyond credible. But let’s start from the beginning:
- Nissa is not happy that no one has been punished for Sara’s death yet and threatens to kill 50 innocent civilians every day until Oliver punishes someone. That threat certainly works.
- The guy from the flashbacks from Hong Kong, Maseo Yamashiro, who was Oliver’s handler now works with Nissa. Interesting to say the least.
- Alex Kingston is back! I always like to see her and she instantly realises that something isn’t right with Sara. It was time someone found out about her death.
- Felicity and Ray … what can I say? I find them cute, but not as cute as Olicity. Ray tells Felicity about why he rushed off after their kiss and also shows her his Atom exo-suit. I can see him becoming Atom soon. That’s so exciting. And I totally cracked up when she said, “Why does this keep happening to me?”
- Oli is totally naive when it comes to Thea. I understand why he wants to protect her, but why is she so loyal to Merlin? I’m getting frustrated with her.
- Before Oliver goes off on his climb to Ra’s cave, he has a talk with Felicity. He tells her that he loves her and melted my heart. I ship those two so much!
- In order to protect his sister, Oliver takes the blame for Sara’s murder and therefore has to go and duel Ra’s al Ghul. That fight was … over quicker than I thought and Oli didn’t stand a chance. That’s what I meant when I said I have no idea how they intend to salvage that. How on earth could Oliver survive this? Getting severely stabbed (twice) and falling off a mountain? I mean come on! There better be a reasonable explanation.
I know this was rather short, but I didn’t have much to say. I just want to know how Oliver could possibly survive this.