Let’s start by saying that I absolutely cannot wait until Season 4 … not after what happened last night. Chicago Fire was once again at it’s best, leaving us with a lot to think about until fall. Here we go with the review for the “Spartacus” episode (Spoilers ahead!).
The promo already had me in a panic. I was neither willing to loose Severide nor Gabby since those two are pretty much my favourites. Turns out my fear was unnecessary, but let’s go through it character by character and see what the Season Finale had in store for us:
- Whenever Casey and Voight talk normal with each other, I still get that uneasy feeling because of their past. I just can’t shake it off, even though I love Voight as head of Intelligence on Chicago PD. Now that Antonio and Hank have talked Casey into working undercover, he already gets nearly discovered at the start of his “mission”. While everyone thinks he dodged a bullet, Nesbitt witnesses a talk between Casey and the guys from PD … we all know that’s no good. So while most people thought the person in danger would be someone trapped in the fire, it’s actually Matt Casey. Dawson finds poor Katya bloody (and probably dead) on his apartment floor with Casey missing. Voight better have a plan now!
- The past weeks the tension between Truck and Squad has been building up. I thought we were so done with this topic in … I don’t know, like Season 1 but apparently we weren’t. Especially Otis has been riled up about the whole Scott Rice thing and when Cruz joins Squad he feels utterly betrayed. But no worries – the bromance didn’t hit a major rock because they make up by the end of the episode.
- Herrmann and Chili still pursue their business idea for chilled champagne. It was the thing that finally made Chili connect with the rest of the people at the fire house and she and Herrmann seem to grow closer in their mutual quest. I would have loved for one of those funny business ideas to finally work, but some big company got the product on the market before they did …
- Sylvie and Roman are starting a thing and I kind of dig it! Crossover romances are the best!!
- Now … on to a bit of a controversial topic. I have no idea how to start this! Let’s maybe begin by saying that I am not against Dawsey as a couple, but they don’t really excite me. Ever since the show started Gabriella and Severide were my favourite people on the show (plus Shay … may she rest in peace) and I always wanted them to have more scenes together. I didn’t necessarily see them as a couple, but then again: wouldn’t that be spicy? After Shay passed, I saw them connecting a little more by investigating her murder, but the show didn’t pursue this any further. Now, I know they fight a lot, but I’ve always just kind of seen a spark there and I feel very, very reassured in my assumption after last night’s episode. Their near death experience brought them closer and even made them flirty with each other (Gabby saying “big, strong Squad-guy to save me” was epic!) and then that hug … I know that people still want Dawsey, but I’d be totally for a little Gabby-Severide-experiment. (April wasn’t really in the picture the past episodes anyway …)
- Then the shocker at the end (… besides Casey missing): it seems Gabby is pregnant!! I knew it when she felt a little unwell at the beginning of the episode! That will mean a lot of change for her personally as well as career-wise. I’m looking forward to seeing how she handles it, especially without Casey. People probably love the idea of a Dawsey baby though!
So, I’m all set for Season 4 … already not liking the wait. What are your thoughts?