I was really surprised to get nominated by Char from Grab Life by the Pages, but also ever so grateful! I have to admit that I still have to really dive into the depths of your archives and really explore your blog, but from what I’ve seen we have a similar taste in books and that is a very good sign. Thank you so much for nominating me!
So here are the rules:
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. (We’ll see about that …)
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank the person who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog (as done above). List who you’ve nominated in the post and notify them.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night (did that by linking it to the picture above!). That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
Life and Other Disasters – the Origin story:
I had a blog before I started Life and Other Disasters, but it was on blogspot and nobody read it and I abandoned it pretty quickly. I never really forgot about it though, wondering if I should have stuck with it. Then the time to start uni came and we had to do a group project which included creating a website for said project. Someone suggested wordpress and I created the account and thought, “Hey, maybe I should create a separate page and do a blog again.” So, that’s exactly what I did! I kept it secret from my friends for a while, not wanting them to know if it didn’t go so well. But, here we are, two years later and still going strong. I love blogging, it’s just one of the best feelings ever!
My humble advice:
Stick with it no matter what! It doesn’t matter how many followers you have, but only how you feel about expressing your thoughts on topics that get you excited. It’s an outlet for your inner musings and just don’t stress about it too much. While posting regularly is somewhat important, don’t be afraid to take a break and not post for a while. Blogging should always be fun and never be an obligation!
My nominees are:
- My Tiny Obsessions (You gave me so much to do, you get a nomination right back!)
- The Creative Fox Den
- Anchored to Sunshine
- Storytime with John
- My TV Family
- Is My Geek Showing?
- soif pour plus
- Rami Ungar the writer
- Alex Hurst
- Wanderlust Emporium
- Writers Dispatch
- An American in Iceland (and other places too)
Puh, that was a lot of work right there! I’m looking forward to reading all your blog-stories and advice! More posts are following! (I’m SO on a writing spree!)