What a journey it’s been! So many twists and turns and revelations. I hope you enjoyed Dark Matter as much as I did and therefore won’t mind the upcoming Spoilers!
So neither Killjoys (which ended last week and I didn’t write a review for – sorry!) nor Dark Matter have been renewed for a Season 2, which is a real shame in my opinion. Renew the shows already, because they definitely were great summer sci-fi programs that I’d like to see more of!
I think we can all agree that we learned a lot about the characters, while still having to learn a lot about them. Especially after the finale!!! Let’s break it down one crew-member at a time to see what we discovered about them throughout the season:
- One: So, he’s not actually Jace Corso. We now know that he actually came on the ship to revenge his murdered wife, but his rivalry with Three definitely made him blind to the real traitor among the crew. His relationship with Two is also a bit rocky … at least he might have a legit excuse to get released by the Galactic Authority since he’s not Corso?
- Two: FINALLY the mystery was resolved. She’s pretty much an engineered being that should not be captured or she’d be in real danger of being destroyed. There is still a lot we don’t know about who really constructed her and for what reason. We got a glimpse at it, but there’s still so much more to find out. I’m sad to think that Five doubted her, but I probably would have too. Well … Two is still boss and I bet she’ll find a way out of this dilemma.
- Three: Who would have thought the guy had such a heart? I didn’t trust him in the beginning, and trust might still be a strong word, but I definitely like him. He’s one of my favourites and cracks me up every episode. I wish they wouldn’t have taken away his love interest that quickly though.
- Four: I am glad he considers taking his empire back, although that seems pretty difficult from where he’s currently at. However, I was so excited to hear that he is training Five and that he was the one who let her stay on ship in the first place. I think seeing some training scenes would be awesome in the future!
- Five: She’s my favourite! Those goggles and her outfits – could she be any cooler? I like her innocence and her wanting to belong to the crew. And I love how everyone wants to protect her, even though she’s quite capable herself. She’s just an amazing character!
- Six: HOW DARE YOU? I don’t even know who he is anymore. I just don’t understand how he could do this to his friends, especially Five. He was like father to her! There needs to be some serious explaining in Season 2 (and yes, I am just assuming there will be one)!
- Android: Can we all just agree on how amazing Zoie Palmer was as the Android! I loved how she wasn’t just like a robot, but actually their friend and with some really funny quirks to her personality. Also, people who can play a double-role are always cool! I hope she won’t be rebooted with a different personality!
- He’s not a crew member but it was still a mighty fine surprise to see Wil Wheaton on Dark Matter. Even though the same can’t be said about his character …
So, what do you think? I have no idea how the crew is going to get out of this and how they’ll ever forgive Six but I NEED MORE! That’s my opinion, but what is yours?