I got nominated by not just one but 2 fabulous bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger Award! First I want to thank Kira @fieittyreads and second Vinnie @vinnieh. I love both their blogs and always have great talks with them in the comments, you should definitely head over to their sites and check them out!
Now you may wonder, how does this all work? Here are the very simple rules:
- To accept the award, you answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- After that you nominate people who are the sunshine in your life and brighten up the day!
- Ask your nominees 11 questions in return.
So, here are Kira‘s questions:
- What is your dream pet?
That’s easy! When I was in the US for my exchange semester, one of my counselors had a dog and I want that exact dog. Bailey was just the cutest thing on the planet. He never barked and when he liked you, he started leaning against you (which due to his height and weight sometimes made it difficult to keep standing up straight). Also, he was very protective and stayed by my side until I actually went to bed. I miss that dog so much!
- How do you wind down before bed?
Also easy! I mostly watch YouTube videos on my phone or iPod. Lately I have especially been obsessed with Buzzfeed stuff such as the Try Guys lately.
- What was your favorite book when you were 5?
I had this book called “I Speak English” with a Teddy as protagonist and I adored that book. I had a cassette tape with it to listen to when I couldn’t read yet. I am a 100% certain that book is responsible for my love for English.
- What is your favorite snack?
Cheez Its!!! (Everything with cheese is just the best thing ever!)
- What is your most recent bookish purchase?
I don’t think I have any bookish things other than actual books. Well, I do own a Mockingjay pin, but I bought that years ago. Also, the Selection series came with a poster … nothing too fancy there I am afraid.
- What book is at the top of your wishlist?
That’s a tough one. I think I am going to go with The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness.
- How do you get out of a reading slump?
I simply stop reading. I always like binging TV shows or watching movies, so I just do that instead and then at some point the itch to pick up a book will return. It always does!
- What was the last movie you saw?
The Man from UNCLE and I LOVED it! You should check out my review if you haven’t seen it yet!
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Chicago, New Orleans, Portland, Seattle or Toronto. Can’t decide so I just listed them all.
- What was your favorite subject in school?
English and History were definitely always among the top subjects, but I was always proudest of the things I did in Art class. For the finals I created my own collection of stuffed animals called Art Creatures.
- How was your summer?
Why thank you for asking! It was quite a mixed summer. Sometimes it was so hot, I refused to leave the apartment. Then I spent some time in Wales and it was so nice and relaxing – I would go there all over again.
And now on to Vinnie‘s questions:
- What do you prefer, a kiss or a hug?
Tough one … really tough one! I guess it kind of depends on the person, but I think I’m gonna go with hug.
- In your opinion, what is the sexiest part of your body?
I honestly never thought about that, mostly because I don’t consider myself that sexy. Also, it’s always nicer to hear from other what they like about you than what I think myself. But if I have to answer … lips?
- Do you read horoscopes?
I sometimes do. I don’t put too much importance on them, but I like them when they sound good.
- If you were a gangster, what would be your name?
Your questions are difficult! I’d be KittyKat, which sounds all sweet and nice but I have some sharp claws that can prove otherwise. No … I honestly don’t know.
- Are you political at all?
I have found myself getting involved more and more over the years. I like to make informed decisions, but I would not necessarily call myself political. I have an opinion, but I don’t even vote for the same party all the time.
- If you could change something in the world, what would it be?
I would abolish violence, poverty and sickness.
- Have you ever been caught doing something naughty by your parents?
I honestly can’t remember. I think I broke a vase once and tried to act like it wasn’t me … that’s all I can think of.
- Is there a specific language you’d love to learn?
Sign language is really interesting to me right now. (I just binged 3.5 seasons of Switched at Birth) I’d love to just know every language on the planet, but I don’t think I’ll ever manage to do that.
- Do you believe in ghosts?
I believe that there are things that go beyond reason, but no … not really.
- What was the first thing you remember doing this morning?
Turning on the Wifi. It’s very often the first thing I do in the morning.
- What is your favourite movie in a foreign language?
Everything that’s not German is technically a foreign film to me, but since I am guessing you are not aiming at English movies with that question, I’ll try to think of something else. L’Auberge Espagnole (The Spanish Apartment) – it’s the movie every exchange student ever has probably watched and includes French, Spanish, English, German and some other languages. I like to watch the original version with all the languages and subtitles instead of the dubbed one.
The rays of sunshine in my life aka the people who get nominated:
- Cristina @My Tiny Obsessions
- Amanda @Anchored to Sunshine
- Cátia @The Girl Who Read Too Much
- Alicia @Caffeine and Books
- Sydney @Books and Stuff
And last but not least, my questions for you lovely people:
- What’s your favourite comfort food?
- If you could go on a date with any actor/actress of your choosing, who would it be?
- If you were to escape reality, which fictional world would you flee to?
- Would you rather attend a movie premiere or just the party afterwards?
- Which actor/actress would you want to portray you in a movie/TV show about your life?
- What is a movie, TV show or book release you are really excited about?
- Do you dream at night?
- What’s one of your favourite quotes ever? Where is it from?
- Which character from Friends are you?
- What would be your superpower if you could choose anything?
- What’s an item you don’t leave the house without?