Funnily enough I got nominated for the Liebster Award again from two people on the same day and only an hour or so apart. Namely those lovely people were Matt from Matt and His Cats and Caitlin from caitlinfmc. They are both great bloggers and I had some nice chats in the comments section with them. You should definitely go ahead and visit their sites right away!
We’ve been through this a couple of time, but here’s a reminder of the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you with a link back to his/her blog.
- Answer the 10 questions asked by the nominator.
- Nominate bloggers (preferably with under 500 followers).
- Create 10 questions for the nominees to answer.
Let’s do this ladies first!
- Who is your idol?
Stanley Tucci. I’ve answered it in a bit more detail here.
- What is your favourite hobby?
Blogging isn’t the right answer here, right? Well, aside from reading, watching TV and blogging, I’d go with sketching and painting. Here’s a drawing of Max from the Book Thief.
- What is your favourite musical?
Across the Universe
- Who is your favourite fictional character?
I see we are getting to the more difficult questions now. How am I supposed to answer this with just one person? As a child I would have said Dustfinger from Inkheart, now I quite like Cath from Fangirl and Magnus Bane from the Mortal Instruments … Mark Watney is also so great … I CANNOT DECIDE!
- Why did you start blogging?
I had a blog before this one but no one read it at all, so I just stopped. Also, it wasn’t on WordPress but Blogspot instead and that just really confused me. However, a friend from uni started his own blog and was so excited I wanted to try it again. My main reason was probably that I wanted a place where I could fangirl and ramble about stuff that my non-virtual friends just didn’t care about.
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what book would you pick?
That is such a mean question! I am glad this is only hypothetical, but right now I am pretty fascinated with the Martian, so I’ll go with that.
- Would you rather be able to speak to animals or read peoples minds?
If I wouldn’t have to hear everyone’s thoughts all the time, but could control when to listen in or not, then I’d prefer that power.
- Favourite place to visit?
Still Corvallis, the place where I stayed during my exchange semester in the US.
- Favourite TV show?
How can I just choose one!? For now I’ll go with Doctor Who, but know that I am not happy!
- What is your most prized possession?
My yearbook from my exchange semester! I mean it’s like a huge hardcover book with little messages from all my friends back then. We just never had anything like yearbooks at my schools at home.
- What is your favourite film and why?
You always want me to choose just one single thing with these questions and that is just too difficult! So, I am going to use the same cop out I used last time and I’ll go with the movie I’ve seen most often: Finding Neverland. I love everything about it (but especially the music) and even after watching it on repeat, it still made me cry.
- Are you a cat person or dog person?
You’re not going to like this, but I’m more of a dog person. I don’t have anything against cats for the record but if I could choose a pet it would be a dog. I explained it here.
- Are you looking forward to the next five years and why?
I don’t actually think that far ahead. It’s a bit scary at the moment because I am currently looking for a job and I would really like to leave the country, but that’s all not so easy. I’d say I am excited to see what’s going to happen, but I am not looking forward to the bureaucracy that’s involved with some of the processes that I will have to go through.
- What is your favourite book?
I don’t have just one favourite book, but currently the Martian is pretty high up.
- If you were dropped in any fictional world/place, where would you love to go for a 7 day holiday?
Wonderland! So much to see, so much to try! I’d like to see the Mad Hatter from the 2009 mini-series for tea. And even though he probably wouldn’t like it, I’d want the Knave of Hearts from Once Upon a Time in Wonderland as my tour guide. Now I’d only have to be careful not to get beheaded I guess …
- Are you a marathon person, or watch it when it’s on person, when it comes to TV series?
That depends. I love binging shows and to really immerse myself in them, but when it’s on I am mostly too impatient not to watch it right away.
- Is your relaxing environment chaotic or organised?
A sort of organised chaos. I like it when things have their place, but that doesn’t mean it needs to look neat. Does that make sense?
- Tea or Coffee?
- If you had the option to legally choose whether or not to pay for music, would you pay? Would you pick and choose?
That’s a loaded question because it depends on a lot of factors. Would YouTube still be available for free? Do you mean I would have to pay whenever I want to listen to music or just for acquiring it in the first place? I’m probably overthinking this … I think artists deserve a compensation for their work just like everyone else. I would probably want to be able to decide how much I want to give though.
- Would you like to pick one aspect of your life and completely lose it?
If I could skip the job hunt and just get a job that I like, I would probably opt for that. But otherwise, no. There were some tough times and some really great ones. I often wonder if I could go back and change something, if I would actually go through with it. But turns out, I wouldn’t make a single thing differently because they were the things that got me here and I like who I’ve become.
- Sister Geeks (whoever of you wants to do it! You could split the questions between you!)
- Cátia @The Girl Who Read Too Much
- Aine @Writing on a Vintage Typewriter
- Alicia @The Cyborg Knight
- What’s your spirit animal?
- If you could be any fictional character for one day, who would you want to be?
- Who or what do you think has influenced you most in your life so far?
- What was your dream job when you were little?
- If you could master one skill, what would you want to be able to do?
- What kind of book/movie/TV show/song do you turn to when you are sad?
- How do you define home?
- Would you rather have dinner for breakfast or breakfast for dinner?
- What’s your favourite holiday and why?
- Would you rather be able to play any musical instrument you like or be able to sing most beautifully?