FINALLY I had time to watch Chicago PD. Even though I like binging the Chicago Franchise, I can’t really do that because I get confused with all the crossovers. So, I just watch it week by week, which is still pretty awesome. Let’s do this! are coming!
A lot went down in the first episode and I was hoping for a really Jay-centered episode, but since he was abducted for most of the time, that wasn’t really that much the case. However, once again, I’ll be breaking it down into what each of the different characters did/felt/thought/whatever you want to call it:
- Jay couldn’t believe that Erin would leave him. It wasn’t about romance, it was about her being his partner and not even having the decency to tell him that she quit to his face. It leads to him confronting her after a night of partying and him pretty much giving up on her – her last champion walking away. I have to say, I was really pissed at Erin lately. She pushed away EVERYONE who cares about her and for what? To take some pills with good ol’ mum? I am glad she stepped up and came to Jay’s rescue when he was kidnapped and he was so happy that it was her who came for him.
On another note, I know that Linstead is endgame, but I kind of want a break from their romance and them maybe pursuing someone other than each other? I can already see the Linstead fans coming for me for that statement …
- I am also glad that Voight is not making it easy on Erin. His conditions are valid and she needs to cut ties with her mum if she wants her badge back for good. But he has made some odd choices himself in the episode. I have a bad feeling about prison Eddie.
- Olinski is so clueless when it comes to handling his daughter. We know that he can be good with female teens, so why is he so counter-intuitive when it comes to her? That girl is in trouble and he better man up and help her.
- Platt wants to plan the Burzek wedding – that is just brillant.
- Attwater will be Adam’s best man for the wedding. I so thought he’d ask Olinski, but I don’t know why.
- I can see conflict ahead for Burzek. Aside from Roman messing with Burgess head a little, there was also the fact that Adam didn’t want Burgess on the Intelligence case because it was too dangerous. She knows that the job comes with danger and she accepts that her fiancé is in certain precarious situations a lot of the time. I think they could butt heads over that topic. Is it really a new issue though?
- Burgess saw a syringe in Roman‘s backpack. What the heck was that about? I don’t think it has anything to do with drugs, they have Lindsay for that story, but I have no idea what else it could be about. Diabetes? Accidentally taking it with him from Sylvie’s place (even though it still doesn’t make sense for a medic to have that stuff lying around?)
- Lastly, we get another tease for the Chicago Med connection, with Will Halstead drinking with the CPD guys at Molly’s and saying that Jay will be fine.
Any thoughts or theories for the new season? I think most storylines have been set up nicely so far. Mainly I am just glad to have the show back!