I never thought that I’d b into a zombie story as much as I am into iZombie. They ended with quite a bang last season and now Liv has to deal with the aftermath. Spoilers for the Season 2 Premiere ahead!
As a little reminder, here is what happened last time we saw iZombie: Liv used up the entire cure Ravi found on Blaine and Major. Since she therefore is still a zombie, she couldn’t donate blood for her injured brother – her family didn’t take that well. Also, Peyton left (Ravi broken hearted).
Now that we continue with Season 2, I’ll break it down into all the characters as always:
- Liv’s brother really didn’t take it well that she didn’t help him. Her mother neither, but the thing is, why couldn’t she just lie to them? Tell them she had some sort of blood disease? No one said she had to go with the zombie-thing. Either way, I get why they are pissed at her and she’ll need to do a lot of fixing on that front.
- They are not the only ones who are not talking to her though – Major is avoiding her as well. Clive thinks he has something to do with what happened at the meat shop, which he obviously did, but Liv is protecting him.
- Blaine is far from having gone legit after being turned human, but at least he is now providing brains from already dead people for his zombie clients. I will never forgive him for what he did to Lowell, but I do like him as a character so very much. I think it’s going to be fun to see him being human again and kind of having to team up with Liv. They just really remind me of Buffy and Spike sometimes – anyone else get that vibe?
- Ravi is a little frustrated with Liv, because he can’t replicate the cure again. They don’t know how long it will last and if it is a permanent cure at all. However, apparently the ex-zombies can now feel other zombies when they are around – they have an actual physical response to their presence.
- The villain of the season is someone we actually know: the people at Max Rager, who were responsible for the zombie outbreak in the first place. They are truly evil – they forced Major to become a zombie killer. Yeah, I know that he actually wanted to do that last season, but he had reasons to dislike those particular zombies. I feel so sorry for him, especially because they want him to kill Liv. I wonder how long he can put it off.
And then the shocker that they’ve already infiltrated Liv’s life in form of her new roommate is so creepy! They must have bugged the entire place and her phone and who knows what else …
Now, I hope Peyton comes back soon and I hope she’s on team zombie/Liv! Also, I wouldn’t mind if it were somehow possible that Lowell came back, but I guess there are some things even a zombie can’t recover from … What were your thoughts on the iZombie Season 2 Premiere?