So, the Arrow is back! I’ve already posted a First Look including Spoilers for the entire Season a couple of weeks ago, click here to read that. But right now, let’s take a look at the episode 1 of Season 4! (If you haven’t watched it yet, this obviously also includes Spoilers!)
The Season starts with Oliver and Felicity in domestic bliss, while everything goes really badly in Star City. As usual, let’s break it down into characters:
- Oliver wants to propose to Felicity! That was like the best news in my opinion. They are really happy together, if only it wasn’t so boring in the suburbs. Oli’s proposal attempt failed when Thea and Laurel showed up to ask for help. You can see that with them being back in the city, their relationship will also change. For now he has put the engagement off, but I don’t think it’s forever.
- Thea is out of control! I mean we all knew the Lazarus Pit would take a toll, but she is so aggressive and doesn’t even have a problem with it!
- Diggle‘s helmet has not fully convinced me yet. However, I do get his lingering animosity with Oliver. He was his best friend and he betrayed him, that’s just not cool. Still, he needs to let it go! They need to be a team now and Oliver is trying. He knows that he can’t call all the shots anymore.
- Damien Darhk is scary af! He has some sort of mystical blood-magic powers which make him super strong, possibly telekinetic and allow him to kill people by touch. That is freaky! He has a Hive that works for him and that instantly rang a bell for Diggle. I wish he would have told the others about having heard about it before. He can’t be mad at Oliver for keeping secrets and then keep something big like this from the others as well – that’s just him being a hypocrite.
- Big shocker to me was that Captain Lance is seemingly in it with Darhk. Okay, okay, he has no choice, but that is still a really bad image in my mind …
- Flashbacks: you know I am not a huge fan of those, but they are now about how Oliver got trapped on the island again.
- Flashforwards: this apparently confused a lot of people and I can tell you it was a real shocker to me as well! Just to clarify though, the season will not continue from this point onwards. It was a look at the future and we will get there before the Season Finale. However, the Arrow bosses refuse to give any clues about who’s grave Oliver and Barry were standing at. They also won’t mention when the death will occur during the Season in order not to spoil it. That is fair enough but I do wonder who will die. Apparently the person, whoever they are, won’t be revived but is dead for good. I have this bad gut feeling that it’s Felicity, but that would ruin the show for me … I so hope I am wrong!
- In other news: Oli is now officially the Green Arrow. While people still believe Ray is dead, Felicity is the CEO of Palmer Tech. Also, the Flash Day was mentioned. And greatest sentence ever: “Felicity Smoak, you have failed this omelette.”
So, where you as shocked as I was in the end? Any thoughts you want to add? I think it was really mean of them to do that …