I’ve been prompted to do the Your Future Book Tag in the comment section of Josie’s @Josie’s Book Corner blog post. She was really lucky with some of the answers she got for her future life and you should definitely check out her post! I am interested to see where this is going myself, so this is how it works:
Pick 5 books of your own choosing and then use 1 book to answer 2 of the given questions!
It sounds simple enough, but let’s see what I end up with. I am weirdly excited about this …
My 5 Books
I kind of randomly went through my bookshelf and those are the results:
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Witches of East End by Melissa De La Cruz
Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Everything Leads to You by Nina La Cour
1. Open book 1 to a random page. Look at the first word on the page. If it’s less than 5 letters, you will go to college. If it’s more than 5 letters, you won’t go to college. (ACOTAR)
I don’t really know what to wish for. My brain tells me that I should keep my fingers crossed for a word with less than 5 letters, but my heart says it doesn’t really matter. Well, the word is “his”. Guess I am going to college!!!
2. Open book 1 to a random page. The first name you see. Think of that persons job, that will be your job. Note: Is that person stil in school? You will be a teacher. You don’t know that persons job? You will be unemployed. (ACOTAR)
As I opened the book, I was thinking of which jobs I could possibly get. I didn’t really want to be a fae servant, but I got Lucien. That’s great! He’s technically a High Fae, but is that a job? I wouldn’t mind being Fae nobility, but I guess it’s more realistic to go with the job he is doing for Tamlin: Courtier and Emissary.
3. Open book 2 to a random page. The first name you see will be the person you will marry! (WitchEEs)
I feel like I should have read the questions more carefully first before deciding about the books … well, what’s the worst that could happen? Actually, nope! I don’t even want to think about it.
Freya! Okay, somehow I didn’t consider that it could be a woman too (silly me), but I can definitely roll with that. She’s the Asgardian Goddess of Love, that’s pretty rad for a wife.
*book Freya looks like the total opposite of TV Freya, but who cares, right?
4. Open book 2 to a random page. The first name you see will be your best friend! (WitchEEs)
Fingers crossed for someone I like! Fingers crossed for someone I like! Fingers crossed for someone I like!
Joanna … meh … I don’t like her that much … also, now I am best friends with my wife’s mother. So my mother-in-law is my bff? Kind of weird …
5. Open book 3 to a random page. Look at the second word on the page. Count how many letters that word has, remove 2 letters. That’s how many children you will have! (Ignite Me)
I don’t want to have a gazillion kids! I don’t even want to look …
Oh my … the word was “decide”, so I am going to have 4 kids! Four! Then again, Freya and I will probably be adopting, so maybe that’s easier than natural child birth? It’s still a handful.
6. How many children did you have? Open the book as many times to see who your children will be. If you have no children, open the book once. The first name you will see, will be something of your choice. A couple of examples: neighbor, father in law etc. (Ignite Me)
Ignite Me has some great people, but also some terrible ones. Please, please, please, be good kids!
Adam: well, okay, I can live with that. He will be a great brother (hopefully) and I will teach him to put away his silly pride. It’s all good.
Warner/Aaron: I’m not going to call my kid by it’s last name! So, I want to go with Aaron. I like him. A lot. Now I only have to keep him from fighting with Adam too much.
Sara: It took me a moment to remember who that is, but I am going to have a daughter with healing powers! How cool is that!? I bet it comes in handy when somebody gets hurt at the playground.
Kenji: YAY! He’s going to be my favourite child. *Pst! Don’t tell the others!*
7. Book 4: Where does this book take place? This will be the place you will live! (Attachments)
Nebraska, USA. Uhm, okay … *goes off to google what one can do in Nebraska*
8. Open book 4 to a random place, the first name you see, does this person have a car, bike etc.? That will be your transportation in life. Note: teleporting, broom etc. is allowed. If your character had no means of transportation that you know of, you will be using public transportation. (Attachments)
Lincoln has a car I think. So, pretty standard I guess.
9. Does this book have any animals in it? Pick your favorite animal, that will be your pet. No animals in the book? You will have no pet. (Everything Leads to You)
I CAN’T REMEMBER!!! That basically means that I won’t have a pet. How sad is that? I wanted to have a dog or magical questing beast for my four children to play with. (Guess I should have went with a different book then …)
10. Open book 5 to a random page. The first name you see will be your enemy! (Everything Leads to You)
Ava, what did I ever do to you to make you my enemy!? She could become a well known actress and then bash me on the internet and everyone would hate me. So not cool. She’s a tough girl, but I hope I can handle her with the help of my magical family.
THE SYNOPSIS OF MY BOOKISH LIFE TO COME:
I will go to college and learn a lot about politics, geography and mythology, which will lead to me taking up a job as courtier and emissary. Through my occupation I get to travel the earthly realms, but also magical ones, such as Asgard, where I spend a lot of my time. One day, upon bringing a message to the Beauchamp family, I meet my gorgeous Goddess of a future wife, Freya. We fall madly in love with each other and I am sure that she didn’t even use one of her love potions. I instantly bond with her mother Joanna and we become fast friends.
As time progresses, we decide that we are ready to get our own place, so we move to Nebraska. We adopt our lovely 4 children: Adam, Aaron, Sara and Kenji. They are our bundles of joy, except when Adam and Aaron fight again because they are crushing on the same girl at school. Since we are living a bit off the grid, we get everywhere by car. I’ve asked Freya countless times to get a pet for the kids, but she says that we are busy enough as it is and shouldn’t be taking care of another being. Easy for her to say, since she has her very own familiar that is taboo for the rest of us.
The only menace in our life is up and coming starlet Ava, who hates my guts and keeps trashing me on social media. I guess she never got over being rejected by Freya. It’s a good thing we live in Nebraska where most people don’t care about this sort of thing. It’s a good life!
This was fun, although my life is a little weird. I am going to handle this like Josie and tag ALL OF YOU!! If you want to do the tag and think it is fun, let me know in the comments and I’ll tag you officially. Don’t be shy! Your bookish future awaits you!