So, I really kept you on your toes with reviews lately and therefore thought it was time for a tag again! Charleigh @Charleigh’s Book Nook was kind enough to tag me for The Bohemian Rhapsody Book Tag and I am super excited because it is one of my favourite Queen or general songs ever! Aaaaand, I always have to think of this (which never fails to put a smile on my face):
But now it’s time to get serious and to get to those questions!!!
1. Mama, just killed a man – A fictional character’s death that really upset you?
I just watched Black Sails and I am really upset about someone dying on there … but we are talking about books! This is a little difficult to do without spoiling anyone I just realised. Hmmm … so let’s just say I was way more upset about a certain death in Morning Star than I thought I would be. There was more than one that tore at my heart, but there was a special one that had me really crying.
2. Carry on, carry on – Pick a book that was hard to keep reading but was worth it in the end?
Can I pick a whole series? Because I definitely don’t think that The Magicians (as in the first book) is all that great, but the series as a whole just sort of stuck with me.
3. Sends shivers down my spine – pick a book with a beautiful spine/cover?
I am going to go and steal Charleigh’s answer on that one! LADY MIDNIGHT! It’s just so gorgeous and I can’t wait to read it with Cátia and Cristina in the near future! Also, we have the copies that have the rune on the spine and I am so happy that it’s not the angelic rune, but instead the parabatai one! The angelic one is just so overused and a little boring now, but the parabatai one is SO PRETTY!
4. Goodbye everybody, I’ve got to go – A book that you couldn’t finish?
I am sorry to say that I never finished Winter’s Tale and I am not even attempting to do so in the future anymore. The writing just wasn’t for me, even though I know the story is beautiful. It’s a pity.
5. Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening – which book did you find very, very frightening?
I don’t really read books that frighten me. I don’t like to feel that way … so, I don’t really know how to answer that. I guess the pictures in the Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children series are creepy though? And I thought the sketch of the Hollows looked quite scary too?
6. Bismillah, no! We will not let you go – which book/series do you wish there had been more of?
Going with a very recent read here, Kindred Spirits! It’s not like the story needed more, but I would have really liked to see it expanded.
7. Mamma mia, mamma mia – which book/series should be made into a musical?
Ha, interesting question! And a tricky one, too! I don’t even know! I tried to think of books that may already feature music in them, but I barely read anything like that apparently. Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist maybe? But it’d be an Indie Rock Musical!
8. The head banging bit – Which book made you face-palm?
I actually liked the message behind The DUFF, but Bianca’s voice – ugh! It wasn’t always easy … let’s keep it at that.
9. Oh baby, can’t do this to me, baby – pick a moment from a book where you felt like the author was being mean to you?
I am going to have to use a book I already used in this tag, but whatever. There were a couple moments in Morning Star that I am not going to repeat because I obviously don’t want to give them away, but it felt like Pierce Brown wanted to make a point there. Like to prove that he could do it.
10. Nothing really matters to me – which character/s did you not care about?
America and Eadlyn from the Selection series. Sorry, but America was annoying and Eadlyn is just a bad person, but I will still read the last book in the series …
WHOEVER WANTS TO! I am sorry, but I am a little tired right now. I’ll put more effort in tagging specific people next time – I promise!