Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish, if you want to know more about it, you can just click on the name! This week’s theme is about books that made me laugh (or at least chuckle). I thought that this would be way easier, but nope! I’ve read books that made me laugh, but none where I thought “Yes, this is such a funny book!”. Well, here are some random books (surprisingly with a lot of contemporaries mixed in) that made me laugh.
1. The Martian by Andy Weir
Mark Watney – enough said!
2. Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn
It’s just full of snark and hilarity, even if it’s meant as a Christmas book and I read it in summer.
3. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
Everyone who has read this will understand why I think it’s funny.
4. Austenland by Shannon Hale
I may be thinking more of the movie than the book right now, but I thought both were downright funny!
5. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
This one is not meant to be a funny book, but big families and the chaos that ensues can do that sometimes.
6. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Anna’s awkwardness made me laugh more than once.
7. Anything You Want by Geoff Herbach
I am reading this right now and am only at 25%, but I have laughed so much already. It’s a silly kind of humour and quite naive and dumb sometimes, but still worth laughing over.
8. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
There are so many books where I just don’t feel like I need or even can explain why they are funny.
9. Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella
This was hilarious! Turns out I read more adult fiction when I was younger than I do now though.
10. Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare
I find Shakespeare’s comedies actually funny, okay!? (especially some of the new interpretations)
What are some books that really made you laugh? Tell me all about it!