It’s time for Top 5 Wednesdays, a weekly meme created by gingerreadslainey and hosted by Sam @ThoughtsOnTomes. If you want to know more or join as well, just go to the Goodreads group by clicking here. Now, after YALLWEST there are more book events coming, such as BEA and BookCon. This is truly the time when I hate being an international bookworm … it’s torture seeing so many lovely people going and you can’t be one of them. BUT ONE DAY I SHALL BE THERE TOO! Until then, time for dreams and hopes, so here are authors I would have loved to meet at BEA/BookCon this year!
So, I guess my choices were a bit predictable but WHATEVER!
- Tahereh Mafi & Ransom Riggs – those two are like a package deal. I would be there for Tahereh’s writing more than Ransom’s, but seeing them together will be fabulous still. Maybe I could pick Ransom’s brain on his book getting adapted for the big screen. I know that he didn’t get much say, but they tried to involve him, so that must have been cool!
- Cassandra Clare – again, this should not be a surprise, because I talk about the Shadowhunter world all. the. freaking. time! Apparently she was even in Vienna two years back and I missed her. I am still devastated about that one.
- Pierce Brown – okay, why do I even attempt explaining this? He is hilarious and smart and good-looking (which isn’t the main reason I would want to meet him, but it also doesn’t hurt) and he has written one of my all time favourite series. I need to annoy him with questions about Darrow and Sevro! I just have to!
- Victoria Aveyard – I shall forget all about Glass Sword, except the Maven moments and then talk about him and him alone with her for hours. I want to know what’s up with him and how his character is going to do in the future books!
- Morgan Matson – I have read all her books so far and have liked them as well (except for The Unexpected Everything, which is ready for pick-up at the store and shall be devoured soon), why wouldn’t I want to meet her?
Who are some authors you would love to meet this year? Are you by any chance going to a book event of some kind?