A couple days ago I’ve received my second OwlCrate box. In case you don’t know what that means, OwlCrate is a monthly book subscription box. There is a different theme for each month, but you neither know which book you are going to get, nor which 2-3 awesome goodies it will include. You can find out more details by clicking here.
This month was especially exciting because you could receive one of two boxes. Either the good or the evil one and I have joined the forces of GOOD! (Not that I had much of a choice, as with everything, the box you got was a surprise)
I’ve been right about the book for the second time in a row, which just makes me incredibly happy! We got This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab, which I totally would have ordered if I didn’t have the feeling it would be in this box. The constant mention of monsters and human and where the line is drawn just made me feel really sure that this would be the book. I haven’t started it yet, but will fairly soon. The chapter headers remind me of the Silence from Doctor Who, which is already a good sign that I will like it.
So, here are the amazing things that were included in this month’s box:
- Full size Funko Pop figure – if you received the good box, you had a 50/50 chance of either receiving Luna Lovegood or Dobby to remind you to always be yourself and be kind. Although I would have loved to get Luna, I am happy with my Dobby. He looks so desperate and cute with his little sock in his hand.
- Millennium Falcon necklace by Vector Engraving – it is so beautiful guys! I love things that are made of wood, so this is brilliant. The only downside is that the clasp is not really working, which is a real bummer. It’s sort of stuck, but I’m going to try and see if I can fix it.
- Alice bookmark by Jane’s Tiny Things – it’s a really cute magnetic bookmark and I don’t think I have to tell you how much I adore all things Alice. I also think that it’s actually prettier than the Queen of Hearts the evil box had in it, so I am double happy.
- Illuminae sticker by Drop and Give Me Nerdy – it hasn’t been too long that I’ve read Illuminae, so that was a nice treat. I don’t know if I will ever use the sticker, because I am scared of putting it on something and then not liking it there, but not being able to ever get it off without ruining it. I guess I will just leave it like that.
- A letter, signed book plate and little coloring book – all of those things are amazing and I’ve been thinking about getting one of those adult coloring books for a while now, so getting a sample with YA covers is just brilliant. I can test it and see if I really want a whole book for that (because those things are expensive).
I will most likely post more pictures on my Instagram account soon, but as you might have been able to see from my lack of posting, life has been rather busy lately. As much as I love getting these amazing boxes from Owlcrate, I do feel the urge to check out something else. For September I’ve already set my eyes on a Fairyloot box, but I will have to see what I’ll do for August. And I better do it quick before everything is sold out!
What do you think? Have you ordered one before? Which one did you get?