… I am apparently also in a blogging slump. I have no idea what to post, because I am not feeling like doing tags and I definitely have no clue what this post even is. Is it a rant? Ramblings? Discussion? In the end, there’s probably a bit of all of it in there. Currently, energy levels are very low and creativity at a null … well, actually that’s not entirely true. Because here’s what happens when I am not reading, when I am simply not able to concentrate on words, which makes me sad, because I want to read, but somehow it doesn’t work all the time. Forcing it doesn’t seem the right way to go, so:
When I am not reading …
- I watch ALL the TV shows, or I at least really focus in on one. And when I get emerged in a show, I want to be part of it so bad, that my brain starts developing a character of my own and you have no idea what a creative spiral that turns into. I am surprised I’ve never written fanfiction, because my writing cells are definitely capable of coming up with tons of ways a situation can play out. The thing is, the character I come up with fits into the show perfectly, but the longer I play that imaginary game, the more everything changes. I borrow existing characters and then BAM – I get a super fun idea about what to write for my next WIP. Nothing is the same anymore, everything has suddenly it’s own spin. But then I get freaked out that it might still be similar to what I just spent hours watching and then I let the idea go … well, until something new comes up. Mad spiral …
- I need pen and paper with me at all times, because if I don’t write down scenes from my head, they will continue to replay in there for eternity. This is also how I come up with the beginning of a story in 25 different versions that only vary in one or two sentences, but that make me feel like they change the tone entirely.
- Music feels like the soundtrack to my life and everything is a potential story. Whatever I listen to sets the mood and I tend to be more observant concerning my surroundings. Not in a way that means I would pay more attention to traffic than usual, but imagine listening to a melancholic song while seeing a couple on the streets. Oh the stories you could spin around that! How do they look at each other? Do you see the love in her eyes more than in his?
- I draw. Another way to spend all that excess energy. Maybe it’s just doodles, maybe it’s almost a painting. Whatever comes to mind really.
- I do a lot of nonograms, because apparently my brain feels like it’s not being challenged enough.
Sorry for this random post. What do you do when you are in a reading/blogging slump?