Something really, really exciting happened before the end of 2016 – Life and Other Disasters made it to more than 1000 followers on WordPress and I couldn’t believe my eyes. However, I was so busy and distracted with my last weeks at work, that I simply couldn’t find the time to tell you all how much I appreciate the continued support and engagement on the blog! Now that I have time again, I plan to be way more active not only on here, but also on your blogs as well (believe me, I feel terrible for being so bad at bloghopping in the past months)! Here’s a list of what you can except this year:
- A new feature called #CurrentlyWatching: I am going to highlight one of the TV shows I am currently obsessed with on a weekly basis. Let me warn you, not all shows will be suitable for all people, but if you are ever unsure, I got you! I am the Queen of TV after all 😉 my recommendations rarely disappoint. I am running a poll on Twitter right now to see which day would be best for the feature, if you have a preference for that, you can vote here.
- Arcadia/writing updates: yes, yes, I have been terrible with those, but I want to jog it down to having so little time and being tired all the time. I have no intention of abandoning this project. Quite the contrary.
- Catching up on reviews/tags: We shall never mention how many tags I have backlogged, however, it is very unlike me to have reviews waiting to be written. I decided for myself that I won’t review EVERY book that I read, because I don’t want to expose myself to the unnecessary stress of staring at the empty file because I don’t know what to say. I still intend to review about 80-90% though.
Now on to the part you probably have been waiting for – the giveaway! There are no words to express how much gratitude I feel for having you all and being able to share my thoughts and ramblings on this blog. THANK YOU doesn’t even begin to cover it. It’s an outlet that has become so very important to me and such a big part of my life, that I could not and don’t want to imagine my future without it. I’ve met the best of people who have become dear friends through blogging and I see myself, the blog and this community changing as time passes too. Again, I can only say thank you for being along on the ride with me, with all of us, and I hope you’ll stay a little longer!
So, I’ve thought about this for a long time. It would have made sense to give away another book or something bookish at least, but I wanted it to be more personal. First I thought I’d make Life and Other Disasters bookmarks, but that was a tad too pricey, so in the end, I came up with the idea of making a surprise package inspired by my hometown Vienna. If picked out a couple of trinkets (but no food, because peoples, that is a nightmare to send in the mail) that I won’t go into detail about because it’s supposed to be a surprise (duh!). It will also include a handwritten letter, because I just love to do that, not because I actually know what to say.
Here are some guidelines up front:
- I am giving away ONE (maybe two if enough people take part) Surprise Vienna-inspired package. The giveaway is international!
- You have to be 18+ or have the permission of your parents to give me details such as your full name and address. None of the information will be shared!
- The giveaway starts today (January 14, 2017) and ends on February 1, 2017 (12 AM)
- The winner will be chosen randomly and contacted via email. They will have to answer within 48 hours or I will choose someone else.
- My theme won’t display the Rafflecopter widget properly, so please either click on the image or link below.
- Have fun!