I am struggling a bit with my identity as a blogger, especially being called a book blogger. It was never ALL I did on here, but for a long time it was what I did most often – talk about books. That has become rare during my time abroad and I am now trying to figure out where I want to go from here seen as I am back in Vienna (and technically have more time to read again). So, I found the Book Blogger Test among my drafts, because Melissa @The Bookish Wanderer kindly tagged me for it. I very much doubt it will actually give you answers about whether you are a book blogger or not, but I thought it might get me back into the right spirit. So, here we go!
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog
- Answer the questions asked on this post
- Nominate at least five people to do it also
- Let your nominees know you nominated them
Describe Your Perfect Reading Spot!
My perfect reading nook would be right beside a window with a gorgeous view. There would be a gazillion pillows and blankets , preferably so comfortable that I could sleep there if I wanted to. I also need a little space to put tea cups or snacks besides the stacks of books without actually endangering their safety with spilled beverages and the likes. Basically, I would want to be able to live in that little nook. Kind of like the picture below, just way more cozy and with a lamp for when it gets late.
Tell Us 3 Book Confessions!
- I often prefer movie tie-ins to the original covers. (Not always, but like 90% of the time)
- I once made a friend buy me a new copy of a book I lent her, because she was reading it at a pool and her cousin poured a bucket of water over her … and the book. Her mum did not understand why I made a fuss about it.
- Most of the books I read for my Goodreads challenge this year were comics and graphic novels.
When Was the Last Time You Cried During a Book?
How Many Books Are on Your Bedside Table?
If we are talking literally on my bedside table … then none! I stack my books elsewhere.
What’s Your Favorite Snack to Eat While You Are Reading?
Snacks can be SO messy, but I am addicted to peanut flips. They are my weakness. Other than that I usually just enjoy a cup of tea while reading, but not so much food.
Name 3 Books You Would Recommend to Everyone!
- Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde
- All American Boys by Jason Reynolds/Brendan Kiely
Show Us a Picture of Your Favorite Bookcase on a Bookshelf!
Hmmm … I don’t know. I am quite happy with how my growing comic book section is shaping up to look like. I hope that counts. (Also, sorry for the meh quality of the picture. Lighting is terrible in my room.)
Describe How Much Books Mean to You in Just 3 Words!
Escape. Solace. Joy.
I Tag Thee
- Anna @My Bookish Dream
- Lois @My Midnight Musings
- Marie @Drizzle and Hurricane Books
- The Orang-utan Librarian
- Savannah @The Book Prophet
*Don’t feel obliged to do the tag if you don’t want to or already have done it! Also, everyone who is interested in doing the tag but wasn’t mentioned by me, feel free to do it anyway! Just link back here so I can see your answers!*