SEVEN YEARS! It never ceases to amaze me for just how long I’ve been doing this. When I started Life and Other Disasters, I was still in uni and even had a previous blog from High School on my track record that barely lasted a couple weeks. In my mind, there was no way I would keep going for so long. I won’t lie to you, the seven-year-itch has caught me too, and there were times I wondered if I should maintain it at all or maybe let it slide into oblivion with shinier platforms like Twitter, Instagram and YouTube (don’t even get me started on TikTok, I’m too old for that one) out there to take over.
But this isn’t about how things have moved on a bit or how I feel like a lot of people forget about the work bloggers put into their posts. There were definite ups and downs, sometimes entire months without any posts other than trailers. I am guilty of not always bringing my A-game myself. However, I found, no matter what life threw at me, I never regretted having this blog to come back to. But most of all, I cherish the people I have met on here that have become some of my dearest friends. I would never ever want to miss you!! (I hope you know who you are)
So, basically, I’m saying I am still here! And even though I have no clue what the future holds and for how long I will stay here, I think seven years is a mighty fine reason to celebrate. I haven’t done this in a while, but I really wanted to give back to everyone who takes the time to visit Life and Other Disasters, like and comment on a regular basis. It really means so much to me, whether you’ve been sticking around for years or have just recently discovered the blog! Long story short: I’m doing a giveaway!! You lot have been the greatest at doing Q&As and other alternatives I have tried these past years, I thought it was about time I did one of these once more. And nothing seemed more fitting than to take a look at some of my favourite reads from the past years and let the winner choose one of the books I am suggesting.
- I am giving away ONE (maybe two if enough people take part) of my favourite books (see list below of books to choose from).
- The giveaway is international as long as Book Depository ships to you or you can link me up to an Indie Bookstore of your choice that will let me order from where I live.
- You have to be 18+ or have the permission of your parents to give me details such as your full name and address. None of the information will be shared!
- The giveaway starts today (June 8, 2020) and ends on June 14, 2020. The winner will be chosen at random, contacted via the comment section and asked to send me an email with the necessary information.
- TO ENTER: you must follow the blog and comment about either a favourite memory we share OR your favourite blog post of mine. (You don’t yet have to pick a book, but feel free to tell me which ones interest you most!)
- These are the bookish options I’m giving you:
I tried to make it a good mix of different books. There’s everything from YA to adult, contemporary to Fantasy and even non-fiction book. You can find more info on all of these by either clicking on the titles to read my review or the cover to get redirected to Goodreads!
I wish the best of luck to everyone who decides to participate and am looking forward to reminisce a little about the past years!