June was a whirlwind of a month for me and I can’t really explain why. Somehow it just went by in the blink of an eye, but I can’t complain. I even think I got some decent reading in, even though I think you’ll find the books quite a departure from what you can usually see on the blog. So, let’s check that out right away:
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (3 stars)
- Any Human Heart by William Boyd (4 stars)
- No Death, No Fear by Thich Nhat Hanh (3 stars)
This book was full of Buddhist teachings and very interesting to read, although a tad repetitive.
- Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse (4 stars)
Siddhartha was a reread for me, which I rarely ever do, but you’ll find out why soon enough!
As per usual, click on the covers to get re-directed to Goodreads, where you are always welcome to add me as a reading buddy! My own reviews (where there is one) you’re able to find by clicking on the titles in the list above if there are posts for them.
I FINALLY got my appointment for the vaccine! I know that there’s still many countries that don’t have a wide access to it and my heart goes out to them. I felt very annoyed at how long it took for my own city to open up bookings for my age group, so I don’t want to imagine the frustrations others feel. At the same time, I’m very glad to finally have my appointment this weekend.
As my social media break continues in a light version (I do check up on my accounts from time to time, but it doesn’t even equate to an hour a day anymore), I found I had a lot of time for other things. I read more, I wrote more and I felt more creative urges coming back to me. I still haven’t drawn anything in months, but if I have the time (which is a rare good these days), I know a portrait I’d really like to do. I’d also like to think that I was very consistent with my blogging, which makes me happy, because in June, I celebrated my 8-year-blogiversary! Can you believe how long it’s been!? Thank you so, so very much for sticking around – it means the world to me!
MY FAVORITE THINGS
Honestly, and I imagine you are all quite tired of hearing about it by now, but my favorite thing this past month was finally releasing my reading experiment, where I tried to see if Tom Hiddleston are compatible readers! As much as I enjoy doing other people’s tags and features on my blog, I wanted something that felt very me and fit on this site. This was like the perfect combination of things I love and I put so much work into it. I want everyone to know that I appreciated the responses to the post so much and am happy to announce that it’s now officially a series/feature on here! The next installment should be up in a couple weeks – feel free to guess which actor I’m matching with this time!
All of this was obviously fueled by my love for the currently airing Loki show! I ended up deciding on weekly reviews again, just because I love talking about all things Marvel way too much to not post about it at all. I noticed that there weren’t as many views on these reviews as there were on previous shows, but I’m past the point of caring. I just want to fangirl on my corner of the interwebs however much I please.
ELSEWHERE ON THE BLOGOSPHERE
Sorry for this part of the wrap-up being so irregular, but here are some awesome posts from amazing bloggers!
- Lay talked about books her D&D character would love, which is such a fun way to combine her passions with reading recommendations.
- Sumedha really went deep on her analysis of the KDrama Vincenzo – do you agree with her views?
- Marie once again handed out some serious blogging advice on how to stand out from the masses!
- Lashaan introduced us to some fascinating graphic novels and comics set in alternate realities!
MY OTHER POSTS
- Episode 1 “Glorious Purpose”
- Episode 2 “The Variant”
- Episode 3 “Lamentis”
- Episode 4 “The Nexus Event”
TV SHOW/MOVIE RELATED
THURSDAY MOVIE PICKS
- Oscar Winner Edition: Best Original Screenplay and Best Adapted Screenplay
- Worst Book to Movie Adaptations
- Natural Disasters
- TV Edition: Fish Out of Water
- Oscar Winner Edition: Best Cinematography and Best Visual Effects
VARIOUS POSTS AND TAGS