I love Orphan Black and after the discovery of the male Castor clones, I was majorly excited for the Season 3 Premiere of the show. Please beware of Spoilers for the first two episodes of the new Season!
Male clones … I don’t know why I am so happy about that, but I am. I think Ari Millen was a great choice too! He already portrayed Mark, a supposed member of the Prolethean group, all through Season 2. I really liked him a lot, because he defied the leader of the group and seemed to have somewhat more sense than the others. Finding out that he’s one of the Castor clones was so exciting and now Sarah gets to meet all sorts of other versions of them. As always I am more than impressed by Tatiana Maslany‘s and Ari Millen‘s acting, because I often wonder how they shoot all the scenes.
I hope you’ve seen everything that happened last Season, because otherwise this will all be pretty confusing. Let’s dissect what’s happened in the Season 3 Premiere (“The Weight of Combination”/”Transitory Sacrifices of Crisis”) :
- Sarah meets Rudy, one of the Castor clones, who tells her that she should count her sisters and lo and behold, Helena is missing. As we know, Mrs S betrayed Helena and handed her over to Paul (who’s part of Castor) in order to protect Sarah. But of course, Sarah isn’t grateful, because there is nothing more important to her than protecting her family, which ultimately ends in her having to send Kira away again. I feel so sorry for them, they’re never able to just be together.
- There was this scene where Sarah had to play Rachel and Alison played Sarah and that was just so weird. I wonder how Tatiana felt playing that scene.
- Speaking of Helena: she’s pregnant! And she talks to a scorpion which no one other than her can see… I’m guessing that’s not a good sign, but don’t fret, Sarah is coming for her!
- Cosima feels better! I love her so much and I am happy she didn’t have to die, but her relationship with Delphine is definitely on the rocks or over …
- Alison is my favourite and ever since she and Donnie are working together and don’t have secrets anymore, they are even more hilarious! She now wants to take over the drug dealing business from some teenage kid, in order to gain the votes for her campaign from all the addicted soccer moms. Who even thinks like that? It’s genius!
- Cal … I love Michiel Huisman, be it in this, as Daario in Game of Thrones or in the new movie The Age of Adaline. I don’t even care that he earned his money by creating dubious weapons, he seems like a good father to Kira and that’s all that matters now. And his conversations with jealous Paul are always fun to watch.
- Have I mentioned that I think Ari Millen is great? The Castor clones are so interesting and it’s great that, contrary to the Leda clones, they are aware of each other. Rudy’s and Seth’s relationship was so cute and heartbreaking. I find Rudy most intriguing so far! He seems like the Sarah Manning of the Castor clones to me. And then there’s Mark … the last scene of “Transitory Sacrifices of Crisis” looked seriously painful and he better watch out, because Sarah is coming for him. Now I just wish that the Leda and Castor clones would work together instead of against each other.
This Season will surely be exciting! What are your thoughts on Orphan Black?