I really enjoyed watching this series and am quite sad that The Libarians are over for now. I’m really hoping for another season, but for now, let’s talk about what the first Season had in store for us. Spoilers ahead!
So, the show definitely had it’s ups and downs, but all in all I liked it very much – more than I liked the second and third movie of the franchise at least. One thing I am sad about is that the way the first Season ended would be the perfect ending for the show, but I still want more and I’m afraid it’s going to ruin a future ending. But, a second Season still isn’t confirmed, so maybe they just wanted to make sure it didn’t end on a huge cliffhanger (I seriously appreciate that!). Now, let’s talk about the Season finale:
- The alternate librarians were absolutely amazing, but Cassandra was definitely the coolest of them all. I loved her all through this season, because she’s sweet and innocent but also so incredibly intelligent. Aside from that it was interesting to see how Baird played a different role in all their lives and how different the world could’ve turned out to be if it weren’t for Flynn.
- Talking of Flynn – I loved him in the movies, but I wasn’t really bothered at all that he barely appeared in the show, because I found him a bit annoying. Yet, he did save Baird in the end, so I will give him credit for that.
- The final revelations about Dulaque, who’s really Lancelot Du Lac, and Jenkins, who’s Galahad were a bit rushed for me. They did make the finale a double feature, but the episodes didn’t have anything to do with each other and I would have preferred it, if they spent more time talking about this. The fact that Jenkins had something to do with Camelot was already hinted at by his meeting with Morgana, but I did not see that coming. I have no idea how closely the show follows the Arthurian legend, but that revelation would basically mean that Dulaque is Jenkins’ father (because Galahad was Lancelot’s illegitimate son) … talk about family issues.
- As I mentioned above, the actual finale would have been worthy of a series finale, even though I imagine there is still a lot to tell. Everything was so resolved though – We got the library back, Baird and Flynn are together, fighting the bad guys and cutting the others loose to go on their own adventures, who in turn decide to stay together as well, rather than splitting up.
- The first Season as a whole was quite interesting. Sometimes it got a bit too silly for me, but I liked the mix of more serious cases versus the casual ones. I am still not a huge fan of the visual effects, but they did get better with time. Maybe I’m just imagining that though. My favourite episodes include the one with the haunted house and the one where they all turned into fairy tale characters. Any favourites you want to talk about?
It was a good start for the series and I am eager to find out if there will be more. What are your thoughts on the Librarians?