Chicago Fire is back and that means one by one my favourite franchise is becoming complete again. I already showed you a little Preview and First Look (including Spoilers for the entire Season) in a previous post – click here to check it out! Otherwise, let’s continue with the Season 4 Premiere!
Okay everyone, you should know how this works by now, but I still feel obliged to say it every single time. We pick up right at the same moment the last episode ended, but there is so much going on each episode that I just break it down into characters and my thoughts for their storylines. Spoilers ahead!
- Gabby and Casey – I think everyone wants to know what’s going on with them. Well, Gabby was really worried after finding dead Katya, but Antonio got to Casey in time. He’s changed and now has a more violent/impulsive streak, but after Gabby was in danger during one of the fires, he FINALLY realised that he just wants to be with her. So, in the last seconds of the episode he goes to Molly’s to tell her how he feels and she’s super happy and that’s when she tells him that she’s pregnant and they hug.
I am so glad it happened this way around and not him wanting to get back together after she told him about the pregnancy. Now I don’t feel like they just got back together for the baby. But throughout the episode you could see how much Dawson was struggling as a firefighter and probably wanting to stay one.
- As announced, Severide got demoted and I was super mad on his behalf! I think he is handling this a lot calmer than expected, but definitely still not well. I just think it’s so unfair, because while the turnover rate on Squad may be high, that surely isn’t his fault. I am so worried about him, because he wants to leave Firehouse 51 and I am NOT okay with that. I hope that Cruz could dissuade him from that idea.
Also, we got to meet his new love interest, who he meets at his management training course. They hooked up already, but I read something about complications on the way, so I don’t think it will last.
- Dallas Patterson, the new Captain replacing Sev, seemed really nice. I wanted to like him and not resent him, because after all it’s not his fault that Sev got demoted. However, by the end of the episode I didn’t particularly like him, especially not because he told Sev that he HAD to show up at his boat for a mandatory group thing. Just give the guy some space to breathe and digest what happened!
- The new recruit Jimmy totally blew it! He came off like some stupid frat boy and that’s not what Firehouse 51 needs. I am glad he apologized in the end, but he will have to do some serious growing up. I am however interested to see if there’s really something going to happen between him and Chili – she definitely thinks he’s hot.
- Will Halstead once more got to make an appearance and it makes me so impatient for Chicago Med! Chili and Brett had a really heartbreaking case and they asked for his help to find out about the fate of a patient.
- The fire the firehouse had to attend to was something different too this week. I can’t believe those people are suing the firehouse even though they were the ones delaying them and causing the death of one of their neighbors. I was really disappointed in humanity on this one. I mean, how can they be so irresponsible?
- I can see a lot of trouble for Molly’s coming because of the new neighbors …
So, that pretty much sums it all up. What did you think?