I got nominated for the Starlight Blogger Award by my lovely friend Cristina @My Tiny Obsessions. We’ve started blogging roughly at the same time and have nominated each other for a couple of those awards now. If you follow our blogs (and you really should!!!) you’ve probably noticed our endless discussions in the comments before. Just for the record, I also want to note that I would have totally nominated her for this award, but re-nominating the person who’s nominated you is bad form.
1. Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
2. Answer the 3 original questions and then the 3 new questions from your nominator given to you.
3. Nominate your 6 favorite bloggers! In your nominees I would like for you to think at the light emanating from the stars the ones that truly touch your soul with their work, the ones that are the light for you a true STARLIGHT Blogger.
4. Please pass the award on to 6 or more other Bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated by you.
5. Include the logo of the award in a post or on your Blog, please never alter the logo, never change the 3 original questions answer that first then answer the 3 new questions from your nominator and never change the Award rules.
6. Please don’t delete this note:
The design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from YesterdayAfter. It is a Copyright image, you cannot alter or change it in any way just pass it to others that deserve this award.
Copyright 2015 © YesterdayAfter.com – Design by Carolina Russo”
THE ORIGINAL QUESTIONS:
1. If you could meet anyone from throughout history, who and why?
Such a tough question! I’d like to meet some former Austrian royalty, because it is so odd to think that my country was once a monarchy. I’d like to see how that was. I’d probably go back to the time of the Emperor and Empress Franz Josef and Sissi, just to see how their relationship really was like. (hint: probably nothing like the movies)
2. What is your favorite book and why?
I cannot answer that with clear conscience. I love so many books, but I can tell you that my favourite book from the summer was The Martian by Andy Weir.
3. Who is your favorite fiction character from any medium and why?
I am very tempted to say the Doctor from Doctor Who, but that is such a boring answer because everyone already knows that! Instead I am going to go with Echo from Dollhouse, because she is strong and bad-ass and smart. She has so many people in her head but is still sane and she sacrificed so much for others. I love her!
1. What is something, not necessarily that you regret, but wish you could do over?
I think I have said this before, but the most fun and the most interesting experiences I have made was when I was 15 and on my exchange semester in the US. I would like to do that over just for the fun of it. I haven’t seen most of the people from back then for years because it’s just so difficult to stay in contact, especially with a 9-hour-time-difference. Some people I am still friends with now, but it’s not nearly as many as I had hoped for back then. So, seeing them again would be great.
2. Why do you like to read? And don’t just say because it’s fun! Make it mean something!
I guess this is very similar to what Cristina said, but the escapism is a big part of it! That is also why I like TV shows so much, but books just trigger my imagination even more. I often wonder how I would fit into the story and then I create those characters and try to add them to the story in my head which leads to me coming up with entirely new stories, which I love. I end up daydreaming a lot, but I am fine with that.
3. Who is your person?
That’s difficult in a way, even though it sounds like something you should know right away. I guess my best friend would be the answer for that one, but we’ve changed since we are not in class together anymore. People do that, they grow up and have their own stuff going on away from each other, but still – she gets me and my craziness and I get hers. I am so glad that I have her, even though we don’t see each other as often as I’d like to.
1. If you could be a character in any fictional story of your choosing (book/TV/movie/comics/etc.), where would you want to go?
2. What’s a song that always gets you in a good mood?
3. Did you ever consider going to a Comic Con? If yes/no, why? Would you dress up as someone else?